Like us on Facebook

Friday 2 September 2011

August News Round-up

Our bikes on Harwich sea front
August was a month for rain and riots.

I was able to escape for a few days, following my brave sister 150 miles up the coast of Essex and Norfolk, while she contemplated the next two months on her bike travelling round the rest of the coast.  I joined her for days 3 and 4, before sensibly getting on the train back to London.

Anna is cycling around the coast of Great Britain, partly for a holiday and partly to highlight environmental issues by having a low-carbon trip.  
Boat number 1

I joined her on a hazy morning in Harwich and we took 3 boats on our way to Lowestoft.  I even swam in the sea!  It was amazing, but painful after 60 miles of cycling.  The second day took us through very, very heavy rain up to North Norfolk... at one point my shoes were so full of water I had to take them off and resort to my waterproof flipflops, believe it or not!  I was very happy to have fish and chips in Cromer (where I had actually kissed the town sign when we got there) and get the train back to London.

Boat number 2
There are quite a few days when I wish I were still with Anna cycling round this amazing island we live on.  Nothing to do but cycle all day - brilliant!

Anna dressed up in her
waterproof gear
Anna has been writing a great blog: www.eatsleepcycle-anna.blogspot.com
and tweeting interesting finds: www.twitter.com/eatsleepcycle
and uploading many photos to facebook: www.facebook.com/eatsleepcycleanna
Boat number 3

Follow her!  It'll brighten your day!



Fish and chips by the sea-side!


Multi-coloured umbrellas
in Cromer


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sarah - I'm glad your August news is mostly about the two days you spent with me! My facebook page is www.facebook.com/eatsleepcycle.anna

    ReplyDelete